Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Protein Bars

I mentioned the EAS shakes that I've picked up pretty cheap that are tasty (slugged down a strawberry one after yesterday morning's workout!). I also have some protein bars that are down right tasty!

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control. Chocolate Chip Brownie flavored. Oh man. It's like eating a candy bar. Publix has these for $1.69. I picked up a bunch when I had the $1 off coupons to make them 69 cents each. I have NOT tried any of the other flavors!

They are heavy and although it's not a recommendation, you could almost eat one as a meal and feel full for hours later. Hubby was snacking on one the other day and I was like "Hey! That's not a snacky type of thing!" ... he thought it was a granola bar, although nothing like that in texture! I keep these in the drawer at the office to offset that craving I get for chocolate (and trust me, there is never ever a shortage of that in the office!) and it works!

Lets see, the stats on these are: 17 grams protein, 3 gram net carbs, 230 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment