Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Clif Energy Bars

As you may already know, I am always buying the EAS Protein drinks and bars for Sonny Boy after his workouts with the Bowflex.  And I've eaten them too. Unfortunately, Hubby eats the bars as a snack, sometimes bedtime, other times midnight. Keep trying to tell him (nicely) that is NOT a good time to eat them.

Then I got the Pure Protein bars at Costco. Honestly, blech.  Definitely has a lot of "foreign" stuff, artificial tasting.

This past week, I picked up these Odwala granola bars. Got them on clearance for 42 cents each. Only 7 left. Figured, what the hell. Again, blech.

THEN I went to Coscto (salad stuff primarily with 5 lb jug of jelly bellies) and picked up a 20 pack of Clif bars for $20.xx. Oh YUMMMM. I think I've found them!

The crunchy peanut butter? To die for. That's what I used after yesterdays workout  (also sub'd as my breakfast) and it was De. Li.Cious!

Here's the breakdown:
Calories 250
Fat Calories 60
Carbs 42g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Insoluble Fiber 4g
Sugars 20g
Other carbs 17g (can someone tell me what that means?)
Protein 11g

Not so much a protein bar as others but I feel much better about eating them. Definitely taste like peanut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment