Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Boost in the morning

I've posted several times about how I WANT to work out in the morning but just have such a hard time doing so with the lack of energy and such. I've got plenty of time, and it really makes the most sense for me to do it in the morning ... so this past week, I did a few times in the morning. What I did each time was tried to slug down at least HALF of a Muscle Milk light carton.

They are small, only 8.25 ounces. 150 calories, 4g total fat (that's alot), 20 grams of protein. BUT the reason I wanted to give these a try is they contain NO milk. And I think "maybe" that's the reason I always wanted to toss my cookies when I chugged down these other protein drinks (even the ones with powder mixed with water have milk products in them) ...

So far so good. And funny enough, this is kind of like my breakfast. Well, that and a banana, and a small glass of juice to take the vitamins and NOW Advil (for pain!) ... They don't taste bad, not exactly delicious either, but I've had worse. I would almost be tempted to dilute it a little with some water as it's very thick (well, it's a shake, doh?) ...

If you are interested in picking some up at a pretty decent price (they are NOT cheap, but less expensive), you can go to Costco and they have 24 pks for $27.99. Then use the $6 off coupon and and then it's only $21.99 for 24 ... since I'm the only one drinking them (that I know of?), they will last me the month.
.
I do not drink them if I am not working out that morning. At night time, I just eat something when I get home from work and by the time I'm ready to go, I've got fuel :)

Oh, as the Princess just said, you need to be sure you hydrate. Ummm...she's right. I'm very very bad about that. When I did boxing, my instructor would lecture me left and right, up and down because I was not sweating enough (I was, but not to his satisfaction) and said it's because I did not drink enough water ... yeah, that will make you lethargic and tired too ..

No comments:

Post a Comment