Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pushing yourself

I hate to run. I mean, really, really HATE to run. Jog, trot, whatever. I hate it.

I hate the feeling of breathlessness and gasping for air.

I hate the feeling that my feet look dweeby after leaving the concrete (have you ever seen some people who seem to have floppy feet? That would be me probably but I have NO evidence).

I hate the jiggly look of my thighs when running.

And I am not light on my feet, so I sound like a horse running.

But last night, because I couldn't get my lazy butt up and moving, I did a walk/jog/run.

24 blocks total.

Brisk walked the first 12 blocks in like 14 minutes. Then turned and jogged. Finished the last 12 blocks in 10 minutes.

Uggg. I had to push myself.

Come on, run til you get to the next street. You can do it! Go!

I may have been mumbling to myself the whole time. Couldn't tell you what songs were playing on the Ipod as I was way to engrossed on getting to the next street, the next sign, the next car, damn it, just count to ten!  No, I did NOT run the whole 12 blocks (are you kidding??). But I bet I ran 6 blocks total which is pretty impressive if you KNOW me! 

And I wore my new shoes ... they are definately made for running. No foot cramps. No bruising. And cushy. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment