Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Catching Up

We've had family in town since last Thursday.

Which means, we've eaten quite a bit.

And NOT been working out all that much.

I did however, take a 43 minute walk which equated to about 3 to 3 1/2 miles last Wednesday.

Then we went on the boat on Saturday. Which is always good for your muscles as we go F.A.S.T. in the ocean :)

And then Monday night, forgot to go to the drugstore so said heck with it, I'm walking and I had to walk fast as it was 8:30pm and the pharmacist closes at 9pm. Hop to! That was actually a nice invigorating walk (and I wore my new favorite sneakers). I seriously almost felt like I could start doing a light run in them they are so comfortable.

I've put myself back on a fairly low carb, decent eating plan starting on Monday since the past 3 days were totally out of line. Let's see how it works out for the next 3 weeks ....

My BIL, who is visiting, is a director of personal fitness education at a high school and pretty healthy and athletic. He was saying he's gained 20 lbs in 2 years, which I don't see but anyways, his doctor had told him that his 1 hour workout daily burns enough calories to cover a saltine cracker. Huh??? That's B.S.!!! In order to lose 1 pound a week, you need to eliminate 125 calories a day.

Really? Really?

That's easy. 1 can of beer. 1 can of soda. A slice of bread. 1/2 of a brownie.

I don't believe that. The doctor even told him that the one hour of GRUELING workout is not even necessary. B.S.!!!!

I told him he needs to re-evaluate his choice in doctors! ;)

How about you, working out? Eating healthier??

No comments:

Post a Comment