Search This Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Insanity

Sonny Boy's band member, Mr. Bass player, is having "issues" at home so he's here this evening. Didn't ask as I've been the mom on the other side of that fence, and hey, you need a place to stay for the night til things cool down, that's fine with me, just tell your mom where you are.

Anyways. He comes empty handed EXCEPT for what I think is a school text book. Only it's not a text book, it's INSANITY. Yeah, the workout. Holy crap!

I knew that him & his sister started it 2 weeks ago. I also know that he threw up during the first session ... he blamed it on a poptart, I blame it on a freakin riduculous workout. Whatever.

So he says that he has to work out because he hasn't yet today. Sure ... hop to it. "Uh. Can I do it in here since Princess & friends are watching a movie in the Man Cave?". Sure ... he means my living room. And then we have to dig a pair of gym shorts up (no small feat when you have a rock star status teen boy in the hosue), along with a wife beater tank (no problem finding that!) AND a pair of sneakers in a size 10 1/2 to 11. Oh. Ok. Well, Hubby wears that size but dude, I'm not so sure you are going to like these. Slip ons or velcro close? Your choice kiddo. Slip on please.

So he starts his work out. I peek in on him. Holy crap kid. Great job! You can do it. Awesome! Then he's got the cardio ab workout to do. Oh this I have to see. How long? 15 minutes? Sweet, that's like Ab Ripper.

OMG. It's cardio alright. And it reminds me somewhat of the s*it we did in the boxing class. Poor kid, he was having a heck of a time doing it. So I started in on him. Count to 10, FAST and that's your break. Back to it kid. Come on, you can do it. Push yourself.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... hop back to it. I think that's what he needed. Really. Someone to encourage him and push him to do it. Told him it's fine to take a break but you gotta jump back in right away.

Then when he was done, and all wrung out and all his troubles seemed to be minor, I realized that I may be a great coach to others. It's high time I'm a coach to myself.  Yes. I CAN do it, damnit. And I WILL.

No comments:

Post a Comment