Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday Plan - Abs / Core

I'd like to say that I'm kicking butt today with my plan but OMG I'm tight from yesterday! My abs are stiff as are my inner thighs and butt. Yeah, those are good areas huh?  I considered setting today for Arms but didn't really have anything in the works yet!

So today will use the medicine ball (if you have one) ... and I KNOW that I'm going to have to force myself to finish it out ... BUT all I have to do is stand sideways in the mirror and look at my much slimmer stomach (3.3 lbs baby!) and that's enough motivation for me...

I'm going to keep it fairly low key today which kind of defeats a lot of things, but as I've said before, I'm NOT a personal trainer or certified in any way, this is just what I do.

So come on, lets get sweaty!
*And now this will show revisions AFTER I've done the workout!*
Figure eights with a medicine ball - as many as you can do and then add 6 more to push it. *Not so bad but I think I may have done a little wrong as my arms were tired before my abs were?

20 full sit ups with ball, keep ball to chest on down side, push out over knees on up side *hey, 20 sit ups is 20 sit ups!

30 mason twist, feet up (YOU CAN DO IT!) *Remember, each side counts as ONE*

20 reach for the sky (feet up in air, push ball to feet) *Holy crap! I could not touch my toes doing this, just my ankles. Remember to not let your head touch the ground on back side!

20 V lifts with ball meeting feet ... this could be difficult for me but will push through! *10 each leg. You can alternate if you can keep a rhythm going. Again, could NOT hit the toes, but more like mid shin!

20 catulpults (IF I only had a playmate!) *Oh my aching abs!

10 Burpees. Somehow I just don't think I can get this far today but will do everything in my power to do so! *Ummm. I didn't do these, but IF you do let me know for motivation and competitve purposes!
I've found a few pretty cool you tube videos to demonstrate a few of the above exercises, particularly this one cheery upbeat gal. Seriously though, I'd probably have to punch her if she was MY trainer in person. That attitude and AWESOME would just about send me over the edge during a grueling workout! Check it out! She's got quite a few other quick clips on various stuff and I will be reviewing them later too...

No comments:

Post a Comment