Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mondays Plan - a Mix

I did pretty good last week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Friday, nothing. Saturday did a lot of lifting and moving and then Sunday was a lot of walking. So really, I think I did pretty good!

Todays workout is a mixup … courtesy of what Carmine over at Mom to the screaming masses showed a few weeks back (I believe a crossfit type?)
**I am recommending that if you are NOT in good shape, or even fairly good shape, break the time in half to 2 minutes, and maybe move up to 3 minutes where you can. It kicked my butt at 4 minutes on the 1st set so chose to knock it down to 2 minutes (it STILL kicked my butt):
20 (or 10!) minutes of tedious kick ass work.

You will need a medicine ball and/or a kettle ball or heavyweight dumbbell and a timer.

Set a timer for 4 (or 2) minutes

Do squats for 20 seconds, rest in squat position for 10 seconds and repeat a sequence until time is up. Realize that your legs are NOT what you thought they were.

Rest one minute

Set timer for 4 (or 2!) minutes again. Do pushups for 20 seconds and rest for 10 seconds in plank position. Holy crap! I alternated between girly pushups (knees) and full. Continue til 4 (2!!!) minutes are up. (having fun yet?) Rest one minute (I'd get up off the floor!)

Set timer to 4 (2!!!) minutes (surprise!) and start up with ball slams (I can’t throw my ball on the tile so I will be doing the “fake” slam up and down) for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds with that ball held HIGH over your head (arms straight!) and repeat til 4 (2!!)  minutes are up … rest one minute. Yes, your heart rate will be right up there!

Set timer to 4 (2!!)  minutes. Situps now with the medicine ball in hands for 20 seconds, rest for 10 in the curl position (OMG). Rest one minute (I recommend you stand up!) ummm...I realize as I revise this, I did NOT do these! Great. I'm going to as soon as I finish this though!

Set the timer for the LAST 4 (2!!) minutes. The last (joyous end!) round is kettle ball swings for 20 seconds, rest with ball held at chest level. I highly recommend you google the "correct" technique to do this otherwise your back could give you grief tomorrow and the rest of the week ... check out this guy, he's pretty informative.

By now you should be pretty much screaming for mercy!

Carmen at Mom to the Screaming Masses is pretty athletic but she was NOT always like that … she was quite a bit overweight (unfortunately, I was trying to get her ELFF site but I think it's no longer active) and decided enough was enough and lost a LOT and is now pretty damn fit! Go check her out …

Carmen, I give you a buttload of credit girl, this is H.A.R.D.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment