Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A favorite salad

Ok, this should be considered fairly healthy in that I make the dressing myself ...

Bed of salad greens (whatever you want) with cucumbers, peppers, whatever
bunch of cilantro, chopped or cut with scissors (I like alot)
3 oz of steak (I buy the 100 calorie serving steak when I find it on clearance), cooked to preference and sliced thin, bite size

For the dressing, mix in a jar:
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce (I use this thick stuff)
1/3 cup brown sugar
2- tbs sesame oil
dash of crushed red pepper (cayenne)
fresh minced garlic
fresh minced ginger

Heres how I do my salad (usually for lunch at work!) ... have all salad stuff in bowl, pour on dressing, and put lid on salad bowl. Toss, shake to evenly coat the stuff with dressing. Open. Eat. Enjoy. *Doing the dressing this way eliminates about half the dressing you would normally "need" for your salad!*

No comments:

Post a Comment